All Are Welcome!!!
Potential new members or those just interested in learning more about St Joseph’s Music Ministry program, we are looking forward to meeting you.
For information please read below about the many activities of the St. Joseph Music Ministry. If you still have questions or inquiries please contact Director of Music Ministries, Ron McKean at 510-656-1055 or email email@example.com
Music planners, Music Librarians, Database Managers, Computer or Network Technicians, Web Designers, Project Managers are all needed to present a quality Music Ministry. If you have skills in any of these areas, we would love to meet you. Not interested in singing or playing? No Problem . . . we're looking forward to hearing from you.
When our assembly gathers we anticipate that singing and spoken responses will be robust, and enthusiastic. Our printed worship aid facilitates this kind of participation. If you are familiar with desktop publishing software and you have skills as a Desktop Publisher. You are most likely perfect for our Desktop Publishing team. Quality desktop publishing is vital to clear and accurate communication with the gathered community. Please contact us if you have gifts in desktop publishing.
Choir singers form the core of our Music Ministry Program. They are number one in the Parish in commitment and consistency of service. Anyone interested in participating in Music Ministry by singing in a choir should contact our Music Director, Ron McKean, and set up a time to meet and discuss involvement in this spirited and vital ministry. It is our vision that you involvement is well suited to your own individual gifts.
Those who lead the assembly in song (our Cantors) are called forth from our many different choirs. We anticipate that these individuals have already shown a spirit of service through their active involvement in Parish liturgy. Additionally, workshops and ongoing formation are an integral part of the continued development that is expected of those who serve the parish community as Cantor.
Professional and Volunteer accompanists participate in accompanying all Parish liturgies: Weddings, Funerals, Memorials, Evening Prayer, Baptisms, Anointing, Reconciliation, Cultural Celebrations, Sunday Mass, and all other times when the Parish community gathers and prays together in song.
All instrumentalists are welcome to share their gift of music.
- Children: Children who play instruments are encouraged to accompany the children's Choir and participate in the scheduled liturgies.
- Youth: Junior and Senior High School Students are encouraged to join the Youth Band which supports the Youth Choir at the Sunday night (6:30 pm) Youth Mass. Youth Band practices are Thursdays 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Adult: Adult instrumentalists are encouraged to participate in either the Saturday (5:30 pm) Vigil ensemble or the Sunday Morning Masses
If you play a brass, wind, string, percussion, or electronic instrument, please considers these opportunities. Children are encouraged to accompany the children's Choir and participate in the scheduled liturgies. Junior and Senior High School Students are encouraged to join the Youth Band which supports the youth choir at the Sunday night (6:30 pm) Youth Mass. Youth Band practices are Thursdays 6:00-7:30 pm. Adults are encouraged to participate in either the Saturday (5:30 pm) Vigil ensemble or the Sunday Morning Masses.
- Parish Children’s Choir (PCC): Friday 4:00 pm. - 5:00 pm. via ZOOM. Open to K-5th Grade Boys and Girls. Link to the registration form: CLICK HERE
- Schola Cantorum: Friday 5:30 – 6:30 pm. via ZOOM. Open to 6th-12th grades. Link to registration form: CLICK HERE
- Adult Choir: Rehearse Wednesdays at 7:00 pm in the Church.
- Filipino Choir: Fridays at 7:30 Rehearse Filipino/Tagalog Songs - San Lorenzo Ruiz de Manila, Simbang Gabi, Santo Nino, Flores De Mayo, Santacruzan, and other Filipino celebrations.
- Mandarin Choir: Rehearse Sundays at 3:00 pm - Sing every Sunday for our 4:00 pm Mandarin Mass
Other Diversity Choirs
Spanish, Vietnamese & Asian Indian singers are always needed.
If you are interested in joining the Filipino Choir as a singer, instrumentalist, or to help with planning or support of future events, please contact the Music Office.
ADMIN / Additional POSITIONS NOW OPEN:
- Children’s Choir, (Children singers and parent facilitators needed)
- Youth Choir (Singers gd. 7-12 and parent administrators needed)
- Youth Band (Instrumentalists gd. 7-12 and parent administrators needed)
- Jr Hi Choir (boys) (SJ School singers gr. 7&8 and parent administrators needed)
- Jr Hi Choir (girls) (SJ School singers gr. 7&8 and parent administrators needed)
- Jr Hi Band (SJ School instrumentalists gr. 7&8 and parent administrators needed)
- Adult Choir (Office Assistants, Singers, Accompanists needed)
- Filipino Choir (Project Mgrs. Administrators and Musicians of all kinds needed)
- Mandarin Choir (Singers, Accompanists, and Community Reps. needed)
- Eve prayer, (Cantors, Accompanists, and Music Library help needed)
- Weddings, (Instrumentalists of all kinds, Pick-up Choir Singers needed)
- Funerals, (Accompanist and Substitute Cantors needed)
- Baptisms, (Accompanists and Cantors needed)
- Cantors (Videographer, Secretary, Scheduler, Manager, Formation/Prayer facilitators, Voice coach,)
- Instrumentalists (Scheduler, Manager, Instrument teachers)
- Accompanists (Strong Sight readers on Piano, Organ or Guitar always needed)
- Tech Support (Sound Engineers, Network Support, Videographer, Copy Machine, CD Duplication, Recording Engineer, Archivist,)
- Desktop Publishers (youth) (Experienced Desktop Publishers needed)
- Duplication Team (youth) (Scheduler, Communications facilitator, Trainer, Duplication aids always needed)
- Desktop Publishers (general) (Experienced Desktop Publishers needed)
- Duplication Team (general) (Scheduler, Communications facilitator, Trainer, Duplication aids always needed)
- Administrative Team (Office Assistants, Webmaster, computer support: Database maint, Word Processing, Excel, FileMaker?, Finale, Digital Performer)
- Music Librarians (Music planners, liturgists, music notation, and text)
All are Welcome!!!
Potential new members or those just interested in learning more about St Joseph's Music Ministry program, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
For further information about St Joseph Music Ministry, please contact Director of Music Ministries, Ron McKean at 510-656-1055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org